Tuesday 24 May 2011

Manchester United

Salam…

Last Sunday the curtain came down for Barclays Premier League season 2010/2011. As everybody is obvious, Manchester United was crowned champion even before the start of the game. For you to know, since the time of the greats such as Ron Atkinson, Joe Jordan, Gordon Mc Queen, Frank Stapleton, and Gary Bailey to name a few and until now, I have been following this decorated team called the Red Devils.


If you ask me what is so special about Manchester United and why I fancied them? The answer is "I do not know". If it is about their playing style or game play, I think Arsenal was better off. Even Liverpool was much-much better. Salute to Chelsea too for their beautiful game.

During my time, that “You’ll never walk alone” club was rampaging and monopolizing the domestic and the European leagues as seemed there was no tomorrow until the arrival of Graeme Souness who dismantled the “winning machine”. Thank you Souness!!! Ha..ha..ha...

Now, it is the era of Manchester United and time will tell that a new force will rise then, sooner or later. Would it be Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea or perhaps Liverpool? In my very own opinion, there will be one in the near future. As people used to say "What goes up, must come down".


In continuing the legacy, my son Ilhan is also supporting the Red Devils and that passionate attribute has as well seemed to bud in him. So passionate that whatever he does, it must got to do with the club. So passionate that he sometimes commented on an ongoing game, made me burst in laughter. Hmm.... on second thought, better football than Barbie. Ha..ha..ha..

Though I have been supporting Manchester United through out my life, let it be they win or they lose, I have never treated it more than just an entertainment. Yup! It is just an entertainment… Get what I mean? My son will understand one day. :-)


See ya…

Rhymee

"I am searching for abstract ways of expressing reality, 
abstract forms that will enlighten my own mystery".  
Eric "The King" Cantona

1 comment:

Post a Comment