Friday 27 May 2011

The Boss

Salam…

In the early nineties when I was in employment with a giant Japanese company, my boss used to say to me, “Let the samurai deal with the samurai and the ninja waits for the instruction”. Do you know what it means?

Well, as a subordinate, at times we may need our boss to represent, speak, act, etc. on our behalf whenever there are issues concerning inter-department communication and then only we the subordinate could accomplish a designated task. Throughout my working life, there were times when I really needed my superior’s support strongly before I could actually proceed or accomplished my work.
 
As an employee, we often expect the boss to value our work, what we did, etc. and pour us with compliments, praises, commendations, positive feedbacks, etc. This is simply because we wanted to be recognized, respected and of course hoping for better rewards either in terms of monetary or non-monetary and thereafter we will be more motivated.

Try this test then… In reality, have we ever complimented or praised our superior or our boss before? How many times in our working life that we say to our boss for instance :

“Boss, you are the greatest leader I have ever worked with!”
“Boss, thank you very much for your great leadership!”
“Boss, you are outstanding lah!"
…..and the list goes on.

So, how many of us actually do that? In my opinion, a team will excel whenever both the leader and the follower are well motivated. It extremely cannot be a one-sided affair. As the matter of fact, we need each other. So, do not waste times now, go and say nice things to our boss right away. Shake and kiss his or her hand if we could or perhaps give him or her a hug too and see how motivated he or she will be. Ha..ha..ha..:-)

As in my case, I once acted so reserved against my boss as I was not very happy with him and even did not turned up for work without information for a whole week though it was clearly my mistake. Under normal circumstances, such an employee should have been fired but… I was not and was even being treated as usual. On top of that, I was also never punished and was even being promoted to a higher position! Crazy isn’t it? Perhaps I should have punished that solid hard rock in my head supposedly. From then on, I was very much matured and really acted like one as a subordinate. :-)

And how I realized that it was because of my bosses that made who I am today.

Thank you BOSS!

See ya…

Rhymee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i got ur point, but....takut di cap sebagai kaki bodek lak...huhuuu..

Shaffik said...

Boss you are great. Also remind me always to be smart in work. Thanks for everything. Only once i could not fulfill your request. "Support Man.U with Orange jersey". It could be NOT. And NEVER.
Unless you convince BIG BOSS to fired me..I must think twice.

Rhymee said...

Noriz : Ha..ha..ha.. Kaki bodek? Ask my brother Shaffik for further details. Ha..ha..ha..

Rhymee said...

Shaffik : I know I was one and will always be. Fire you? Hmm... never thought of it but it is not a bad idea though. We will see then. I'll get you somewhat or rather.

Post a Comment