People used to say "nobody is perfect", "to err is human", "it is a mistake" and so on and so forth. These are phrases or idioms to illustrate a few, commonly uttered by people which are related to the title “mistake”.
What is the definition of the word “mistake”? Though we can extract the real definition from the dictionary, I simply define it as “something, anything, etc. which is not right in our eyes”. Ain’t that easy? So, if it is not right, then, it must be a blunder, a failure, a letdown, whatever we wish to call it J.
How do we look at or conclude a mistake when it is being committed? Some would tend to press the panic button; some would take it casual and perhaps others would tend not to do anything. Okay, here, a mistake has been done or committed, and then what is next?
In my opinion, the followings process could be followed :
1. Don’t ever panic – it is not the end of the world though.
2. Keep calm and identify the factors that causes or reasons to the mistake – here we use our common sense.
3. Think of the possible solutions – the more solutions the merrier I would say.
4. Understand the benefits and risk of each solution – seeking advice from other people too helps I would say.
5. Weigh the benefits and risks then select the best solution to the mistake.
6. Accept the consequences of your decision – don’t worry as making wrong decision would actually mature us in the positive way.
7. Finally and foremost... don’t ever repeat the mistake again!!! And if it involves a person, always say
sorry and seek for an apology.
In my case, I admit that I do make mistakes and by making mistakes had actually made me understood if not all the real meaning of life. To tell you the truth too, I have never regret making mistake so long I do not repeat it. Committing mistakes in the past too had actually matures me.
So, next time, when we commit a mistake always look at the bright side of it. Enjoy making mistake...