Monday 30 May 2011

The House Is Expensive

Salam…

“Wow! I wonder if the house really costs that much.”

That was what my wife uttered when we passed by a billboard displaying a double storey with not so impressive design house which cost a whopping little bit more than half a million Malaysian Ringgit as we were on our way to that Japanese departmental store in Skudai yesterday afternoon. In curiosity, she added;

“Is it for real?”



Hmmm…. I kept myself silent and instantaneously the followings lingered my mind wondering…

……it’s one word – capitalism?
……the supply-demand theory?
……how high is high and how low is low?
……inflation relates with purchasing power?
……the neighbouring country purchasing power effect?
……many people can actually afford it except me. Poor me. :-(
……10% for this guy, 10% for that guy, another 5% for the other guy and so on and so forth?
……my wife wrongly saw half a million instead of fifty thousand supposedly?
……the price on the billboard was mistakenly quoted for actual?
……when will the property bubble gonna burst?
……the raw materials, that expensive?
……who’s gaining and who’s losing?
……taking chances by granted?
……what about the CPI?
……the BLR increase?

What say you? If you ask me, I would love to say that it is a "fiat". Speculated! Unreal!


As for my case, I dream of a mansion by the seaside with the background of a mountain, with a small back garden, a swimming pool, a garage for my red Ferrari and of course with lots and lots of money so that I do not have to go to work! :-)

See ya…

Rhymee

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"half a million Malaysian Ringgit as we were on our way to that Japanese departmental store in Skudai" - is it Jusco? and if Im not mistaken, Mont Callista or Pulai Flora yang tengah promote rumah skang, mmg mahal pun kan...iskhhhh

Sharifah Aniza Ali said...

wahhh! good dreaming!

btw..half a million? urghh very expensive...klu kt dato on...n area erm...i forgot...mmg mahal...tp berbaloi...

Rhymee said...

Noriz : If I say it, then you have to kill me. :-)

Rhymee said...

cpahniza : I wonder if our country really scarce of land.

Shaffik said...

I add more on your last word. " I do not have to go to work! :-)" and watch Arsenal Game....hahahahhaha

Post a Comment