Sunday 20 March 2011

Free

Salam...

Believe it or not the name Remy means freedom in French.
Yes! That was what written on a key chain I came across today at a well-renown hypermarket.
I tried to google the definition or meaning but it was to no avail.

Ok, I am not going to write about the definition or the meaning of the name but what interest me is the root word FREE.



Everyone loves free - don't tell me you are not in favour of free meal, free drinks, free time, free from your spouse :-), free this, free that, etc., etc. And if you hate the word free, just tell me which mental hospital you wish to be admitted to, I will be more than happy to google for you and let you know the nearest place available.

For those who do not know me, I am a Human Resource practitioner and have been in the business for the past 16 years. Throughout my years of practice, I enjoyed observing people how they valued the word free at the workplace. Some tend to enjoy it in a positive way and sad to say too, some seems to vandalize it. So, to be critical, why on earth do we vandalize it when some other people are sweating blood and tears to acquire it? Hmm... perhaps it is human nature that we tend to forget much easier than to remember. Don't we realize that free things do actually come in expensive ways? It seems as we take free things for granted until we lose it, then, we regret.

Therefore, value all the free things we are enjoying currently. As a start, enjoy the free air we breathe and if we do not value it, do not regret that one day we will have to pay for it!

As for my case, Yes! I really enjoy free things and wish there would be more for me so that I could benefit the fullest from it.

See ya...

Rhymee

No comments:

Post a Comment