Friday 18 March 2011

The Number

Salam...

I am just too eager to begin blogging now and just couldn't wait for the actual date I supposedly planned which should have been on my birthday. Guess what... looks easy but not for real!!!

So here we go....

Soon I'll hit the 40th mark!!! Yes, the number 40. Some say it is the beginning of a man's life, others say it is the gateway, the decider, the etc., etc. to ones health, destiny, etc., etc. and millions and zillions other definitions either to motivate or to scare. :-)

Well, for me, the number is just a number. Whatever you called it or how we write it, it is still a number. Nothing more, nothing less.

The number 40 means you have successfully lived and passed by a total of 14,600 days excluding leap year equivalent to 350,400 hours and equivalent to 21,024,0000 minutes.
Wow! That's lots of numbers!

Be it any number, but to be critical does the number truly represents our real mind, our real soul and who we really are? I have a friend who is a 40 but with a mentality of a 20 and the other who is a 20 but thinks like a 40. Hmmm... the number seems not to match. Is the first guy better than the second guy or should it be the other way round?

Then, what about us? Does our "inside" really match our "outside"? Are we there yet? Think... 

The next time we are to fill up any age column, think over; whether it really represents who we are. Otherwise, leave it blank.

Well in my case, whatever...... :-)

See ya.......

Rhymee

3 comments:

Shaffik said...

Number is just a number. But old is old. Rite? :)
Anyway this a good article. Now you be my competitor.Finally you have a blog same as your daughter. So now you are. It might be a informative and extreme article from you in future. Keep writing. I'm proud be a 1st commentator @ your " beautiful" blog. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

i faced a same problem as u at the beginning... then after some times, i decided to use my 1st date with hubby as 'hari ini dlm sejarah' to start my blog :)

Rhymee said...

Noriz, :-)nice date.

Post a Comment