This is a re-post entry which for a purpose, I will simply republish this article again and again on each and every year. :-)
Provided sighting of the moon, it is expected that the 7th of August 2013 will be the last day of fasting in this holy Ramadhan month and next comes the "Hari Raya Aidilfitri" - the holiday to celebrate the conclusion of fasting throughout the holy month.
In celebrating the festival, as for the case, here are some "IF" advises for us to ponder :
- Drive extremely fast if we are impatience to meet the Almighty and furthermore what is the value of other people's life?
- There will be lots of policemen out there, so, opt to drive exceeding the speed limit if we sympathized with the summons collection they made last year.
- Do not be that considerate on the road if we are paying more road tax and driving bigger vehicle than the other road users.
- Spend frantically as seems that there is no tomorrow if we feel Eid-Ul Fitri will no longer be celebrated next year.
- Eat a lot especially the food with tonnes of coconut milk if we feel the Ramadhan fasting has really caused us our weight to shred and we extremely regretted for losing much inches on the waist.
- Wear round neck t-shirt with Iron Maiden print on it, faded jeans and a baseball cap on the first day of Eid-Ul Fitr if we think that visiting our parents, relatives or friends looks cooler than wearing the complete traditional "baju Melayu", "baju kurung", etc.
- Go to the movies if we feel we can still visit our parents, relatives, friends, etc. afterward either during Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Christmas or perhaps Hari Gawai.
- ...... and the list goes on. :-)
Thus, to all friends ...and foes too, ha..ha..ha.., I take this opportunity to seek forgiveness and may all of you and your family be blessed by Allah the Almighty with great health, prosperity and happiness here and thereafter.
Wishing all of you Happy Eid-Ul Fitr and see ya...
|Yours sincerely : Rhymee, Norul Akmar, Shahira & Ilhan|