Wednesday 5 December 2012

Life Of Pi = 3.14159265358979323846...........

Salam...

As both of my kids are away with their grandparents for the next couple of weeks, last night my partner in crime and I we took the chance to watch the "Life Of Pi" (Pie as we pronounce it or simply that mathematics symbol π).
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/life-of-pi-poster-movie.jpg
...the movie poster.
The movie directed by Ang Lee (He directed that award winning Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon movie) was actually adapted from a novel authored by Yann Martel published in 2001. The movie is about Piscine Molitor "Pi" Patel, an Indian boy from Pondicherry, explores issues of spirituality and practicality from an early age. Together with his family and as well as some of the animals from their zoo, they were on the journey of migration to Canada. Unfortunately, the ship they embarked capsized and wrecked while he alone (His family members died of course) stranded on a boat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Just imagine.... a human being and a tiger in a boat in the middle of nowhere. Scarykan??? But...he survived throughout the 227-day journey and learned the meaning of life and belief. The rest of the story...go figure it out yourself. It is a decent movie to watch by the way. :-)
http://barterbuz.com/assets/store/81801-the-life-equation-smallerweb.jpg
After the movie, I was at silence all the way to my home. While driving I said to myself, "Damn! The movie really struck me!". It made me think of the journey in my life I had passed so far. My thought said it was all about survival, turning something from nothing, non living things to living things, everything to everybody and so on and so forth and at times it turned to be to not worth a thing. There were also moments when it turned to be from nothing to a non existence. :-) Get what I mean? Ha..ha..ha.. Along the journey, I wonder where will my stopovers be and utmost of all where, when and how will I end it.

All in all, the equation of life is the entirety of what I believe in, my determination, courage, wisdom, etc. as I conclude it and I guess the equation must be of the right combination of elements as to live life to the fullest and of course to be a good person at the end of the day.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6044/6336891033_f4690ee0b4_z.jpg
...this is a Malayan Tiger - a tribute to the Malaysia Football Team as they will be playing against Thailand this Sunday in the AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 semi-final clash. May they ROARRRRR and not MEOWWww in the game.
As for the case, I wonder if I could really survive with a ferocious tiger on board of a boat in the middle of the sea or what about a hungry t-rex dinosaur or a humongous poisonous snake or a blood thirsty vampire or a starving man eating cannibal or a nice, pleasant and good looking guy from a place they called country within the Arab region who will always be in hunger of the Palestinians blood. :-)

See ya...

Rhymee

No comments:

Post a Comment