Monday 15 August 2011

My Mom's Advice

Salam...

Whenever I am having my meal with my kids, I would frequently remind them of my mom's piece of advice.

"Orang yang makan banyak, selalunya tak pandai."
"A person who eats a lot, usually not smart."


There ain't any scientific research or intellectual study on how real and true the statement is but as far as I am concerned, until to date, each time I am having my meal, it will remind and stop me from gagging more food down my throat except for just a decent amount of quantity.

After all this while, for quite a number of times, both of my kids have been asking me the reason behind my mom's hypothesis as I would call it. Despite the fact that I have never actually asked my mom the reason behind it, but with my kids I would always tell them that when we eat too much, we will be too full and when we are too full we will be too sleepy and that will usually make us too lazy to read and when the lesser we read the unintelligent we will be. Seems valid ain't it? How I hope that my kids will pass this piece of advise down the generation. :-)
All in all, the morale of the story is whenever an elderly person advises us on something or anything which is actually beneficial, we concur and adhere as much as possible and pass it down the generation. These people they simply know better than us and we should follow and heritage their advices.

As for my case, during this Ramadhan month, I would easily eat a horse but Ramadhan itself is not about eating and it is about how we control our desire and be very much moderate and thoughtful. Therefore, you guys out there enjoy the remaining days of the holy month and reap as much rewards as possible. 

......and this is my advice. Insya Allah. :-)

Salam...

Rhymee

No comments:

Post a Comment