Friday 1 July 2011

We Are Marketing Our Life

Salam...

During my university years, one of the subject that I took up was Marketing and the result that I gained was never better than a C+ :-). Of many, one of the marketing theory I would say that has always been at the back of my mind is the "Product Life Cycle Management".
Product Life Cycle Stages
What I can remember about it, a layman's understanding would be; in appraising success, time will tell for how long a product will survive and its establishment in the market. So, the longer a product exists in the market, the better. Therefore, in order to lengthen the life of the product, marketers will implement various ways such to ensure its existence and success in the market. Simple as that and easy isn't it? I should have scored at least a "B+" if I could turn back time :-).

It is obvious that we too have a life cycle to pass through as from birth to death, we surpassed stages for instance birth, growth, maturity, decline and death which merely similar to the product life cycle and we as human being :
  • Have a limited life. (Nobody lives forever, right? :-))
  • Pass through distinct stages, each posing different challenges, opportunities and problem.
  • Require planning, developing and implementing strategies in each of our life cycle stages.
Test ourselves on this! Change the Y-axis title in the diagram above from "Sales" to:
  • "Good deeds I have done so far"
  • "My wisdom and intelligence"
  • "My health"
  • "My money" (Of course....)
  • ......and the list goes on and on.
Give it a thought, ask ourselves relevant questions to it and see where we stand.


As in my case, albeit I did not acquired impressive result on the subject back then, how I realized that I am still able to remember and elaborate the things that I learned long time ago. Hmm....my brain??? Not bad :-) though that solid heavy hard rock is still there. Ha..ha..ha...

See ya...

Rhymee

4 comments:

Sharifah Aniza Ali said...

bosan tak belajar marketing? huhu

Rhymee said...

cpahniza : Nope... it is interesting in fact. One good thing is that it teaches us to talk a lot .....like salesman. :-)

Unknown said...

oh noooo... i really hate marketing, score cukup makan jek dulu...huhuuu

Rhymee said...

Noriz : Ha..ha..ha.. We are in the same boat I guess.

Post a Comment