Monday 27 June 2011

The Magnificence Fortress A' Famosa Malacca

Salam...

During the recent mid-term school holidays, together with my gang members we went back to our hometown Malacca and took the opportunity to sightseeing the famous and well-renown A' Famosa as it was quite some time since our last visit there. As my daughter is taking up History as one of her subject in school, I treated the excursion as an educational one. :-)

All through the outing, armed with my not so impressive ordinary automatic camera I snapped a few photographs of that great and majestic icon of Malacca state which later made me realized how unique it was.
The surviving gate of the fortress while my two kids studying the cannon
For you to know, the A' Famosa was built by the Portuguese after the fall of the Malacca Sultanate empire in 1511 until it was partly demolished by the British in the 1806. Before the end of the 19th century, Malacca port was an important trading point between the east and the west.
Close-up of the entrance
In my opinion, looking at the structure, the architecture is of exquisite, exclusive and full of beauty.
Unique wall craving

St. Paul's church



View from the top of St. Paul's hill
Panoramic view of the infamous Straits of Malacca from the top of St. Paul's hill
......another view
All in all, one word for the A' Famosa....... Magnificence!

See ya...

Rhymee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

pesat btul pembangunan Melaka kan..
sentiasa ada perubahan but still, afamosa uniquely stand there dgn kemegahan tersendiri...

Shaffik said...

Nice Photo. Really miss Malacca....

Rhymee said...

Noriz : Yup! It is the place where it all began. A clean state as well. :-)

Rhymee said...

Shaffik : I think I am already being influenced by your that DSLR whatsoever thing. Perhaps next year resolution, study photography. Ha..ha..ha.. :-)

Post a Comment