Monday 17 October 2011

The Father And Son Epic

Salam...

Last Sunday, my gang members and I, we went to entertain ourselves on that high riding movie currently topping the box-office collection in the North America and I guess in our country too, Real Steel. This action drama which synopsis is about a former boxer, Hugh Jackman who, against all odds, gets one last shot at a comeback when he teams up with his estranged son, Dakota Goyo to build and train the perfect contender for the new high-tech sport of robot boxing. In between, the movie touches our hearts and feelings on the father and son relationship matters. Go and watch! You can't expect me to tell you everything! :-)

As I would say, the equation for Real Steel would be a father and son bonding movie plus Robocop plus I, Robot plus Rocky Balboa type of masterpiece. It is a cool, great story line and real entertaining movie by the way. Hugh Jackman was a total opposite to that Wolverine for sure. The robots movement? Whoa!!! It was so smooth and super fine. No worry, there is no Brokeback Mountain or whatsoever elements in the movie. Ha..ha..ha.. :-)
This movie was actually adapted from a book.
Talking about father and son movies? Hmmm... as I could remember, there were a few box office before too. Check them out!
The movie was released in 2002 and led by Denzel Washington.
It is about a father who fought the system whose insurance would not cover his son's heart transplant, took the hospital's emergency room hostage until the doctors agreed to perform the operation. A father who was against all odds, sacrificed himself for the love of his son. The story line seems as it is so close to real life and it could actually happen to anybody, even you and me. Finally, at the end of the movie, it left us with a dilemma as to whether the action taken by John is justifiable. I love the last part of the movie, when his son uttered, "dad, thank you" as John was driven away in a police car. To tell you the truth, I was so touched that I almost shed tears. Come on.... I am a human too. :-)
This motivating movie was released in 2006 and has always been an inspiration to me.
A movie which was based on true events, led by my favourite Will Smith and supported by his real life son Jaden Smith. In a world of capitalism, a single father challenged the hardship, with no steady job, looking after his only son and struggled homelessness. With his determination and spirit, at the end, he made his fortune (rags to riches "lah" in other words) and strengthened the binding of a father-son relationship. Again to tell you the truth, this time around, as my defense seemingly to further weakened plus as so touched to it and I can hold it no more, I shed tears without hiding. Go and watch and you will understand what I am trying to say.

In my opinion, how good or how bad a father can be, he is always the champion of an organization called family and we can't deny that for sure. He will always be the leader and the one who we would mysteriously not know what is actually inside their mind or heart while there will always be a very strong reason behind any decision derived or judgment made by him. No matter what obstacle lies in front of them, they will always put a fight for the sake of his family. SALUTE!!!
Hmm... I do not look that old I guess. :-)
As for the case, I am in the midst of passing over my father's legacy to my son at the moment. I lost words when my nine year old Ilhan dropped his tears whilst leaning against my arm during that Real Steel movie which I guess the movie may had touched his feelings somewhat or rather. I know that he who has already in his school's football team possesses things that other kids his age do not and I am proud of him! Someday he will understand and it is a father and son kind of thing. :-)

See ya...

Rhymee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's ok, a true gentleman tak kisah menangis sbb dia tak segan untuk luahkan perasaan..

Will Smith tu penah tgok sekali dulu, dan masa tu jugak dia cipta lagu utk ank lelaki dia...
ada satu baris lirik i ingat sgt "one day a woman will break ur heart"... hehe, betul kan...

nice pic yg last tu...
tak nak kasi ilham adik baru ke?
hikhikhik

Rhymee said...

Yup! I have been following Will Smith since his Fresh Prince of Bel Air time. He is very much a talented guy. I love his fantastic song "Just The Two Of Us". Adik? Hmm... I need the manufacturer's favour I guess. :-)

Post a Comment